POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : media-fog bug? : Re: media-fog bug? intersecting with isosurface Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media-fog bug? intersecting with isosurface
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 22 Feb 2006 02:46:53
Message: <43fc16ed@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <omniverse@charter%net> schreef in bericht
news:43fb7e31$1@news.povray.org...
> >> 2. interaction media and isosurface
> >Again, it's the container object intersecting the isosurface that seems
> > cause the problem. Try raising the accuracy of the isosurface (i.e., use
> > lower accuracy value). That worked with my tests.
>
> Oh, isosurface has a keyword for that, it's all_intersections. Won't help
> the fog bubble any but should eliminate those empty places where another
> object is in contact with a isosurface. There's also a way to give it a
> certain number of possible "intersections", the Help tells something about
> it. I wasn't paying any attention to those arches in that last image and
> only looked for the media container bubble. ;)

Thanks a lot, Bill and Bob,  for these thought.

Accuracy it is! I had forgotten that I had changed the default value for
faster render. Did not realise that it would also influence other things.
Very stupid... I had tried already increasing max_trace (or
all_intersection) but to no avail, so I was on the wrong track.

Remains the transparant object/fogs problem. Replacing one of the fogs by a
media is tricky to say the least, and will bring down my already very slow
render speed even more. I shall first try to leave it out altogether and see
what the image is like.

Again, thanks both of you for your help!

Thomas